BCS Management is seeking a WordPress Front-end Web Developer to assist us in producing and maintaining visually appealing, responsive websites for our government, non-profit, and small business project management clients throughout northern Indiana and northwestern Ohio. This is a part-time, junior position.
- Assist internal copywriters, SEO specialists, as well as client representatives with daily content management activities (add/update WordPress pages and blog posts, ensuring compliance with established visual design & standards)
- Develop, configure, modify, and test responsive and visually appealing WordPress themes/layouts, ensuring consistency across all devices, browsers, and operating systems
- Assist team in producing visual design proposals for new and existing clients
- Collaborate with senior technical staff to perform testing, debug, security analysis and audits, and other technical tasks as requested.
- Understanding of website user interface & user experience best practices and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to create responsive, visually appealing designs.
- Demonstrated ability to organize website content, links, and menus in a way that is both accessible and easy to navigate.
- Understanding of basic web security principles and best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good time-management and self-discipline.
- Experience working with a diverse team of technical and non-technical staff.
Additional preferred skills & qualifications:
- One to three years of demonstrable experience developing WordPress Themes and Plugins from-scratch.
- Photography and Graphic design skills.
- Understanding of secure web development best practices.
- Understanding of website compliance with ADA guidelines for accessibility for persons with disabilities.
- Experience with Linux/Unix servers running Apache, MySql, and PHP.
- Ability to commute/relocate:
- Roanoke, IN 46783: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Developing WP Themes and plugins from-scratch: 1 year (Required)
- photography and graphic design skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Work Location: One location